Friday, May 04, 2012

Silver Bracelets

Silver has been part of jewelry making for thousands of years. Cultures around the world use it in its adornments.

Many older cultures use it as a form of currency and that practice continues today in some areas.

One of the earliest references to it occurs in the Old Testament of the Bible. Today, most silver jewelry in the West is sterling silver.

Sterling silver is 92.5% pure silver mixed usually with copper for the remaining 7.5%.

Due to its lower costs, many jewelers work all of their pieces first and silver before going on to gold or platinum.

The designs available in silver are as plentiful, if not more, than other metals. The lower cost makes it the metal of choice for some jewelry artists.
The surface can have an outer layer of gold or rhodium added to make it another color. You can find the perfect piece in our collection today.

Thursday, February 09, 2012

Gold Anklets for Valentin's Day

Gold anklets used to be all the rage, but something happened in recent years to make them lose their popularity. As a result, most people who wear anklets nowadays tend to look aged, dated, and much older than they actually are.

gold anklets for Valentin's Day

This can be fixed by practicing modern practices for buying and wearing ankle bracelets. Certain elements of anklets scream old and cheap, so by avoiding those aspects, you can avoid looking older than you have to. Here are a few tips to make sure that you look as modern as you can.

gold anklets

You can select from two different versions of gold when you look to buy gold anklets, namely white gold and yellow gold. Yellow gold is the one that most older people will wear, so if you really want to avoid looking aged, you might want to wear white gold.

fashion gold anklets

This will come across as silver, and it can be worn with just about anything. You can still get the same quality of gold you would in yellow, but it will look a little more fitting to something in this century. The only thing that changes is the color of the gold.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Buying Jewelry at a Discount

The first key to knowing where to find jewelry discounts is actually to know when to do your jewelry shopping. The best time to buy jewelry is often right after a holiday where buying jewelry is normal.

For example, after Valentine's Day, Mother's Day or Christmas, there are going to be numerous deals and special sales available for jewelry, which means that you can save a lot of money without really having to try. You should also look for special jewelry sales throughout the year to save money when giving the gift of jewelry.

If you plan on giving jewelry as a gift for a special occasion, plan on doing your shopping early so that you are not scrambling around looking for a sale at the last minute. When it comes to where to find jewelry discounts, it is important to know that shopping ahead of time is always the best course of action.

What it is going to do is allow you to take your time and find the right sale and the right price for the piece of jewelry that you are longing for, saving yourself a lot of money and hassle in the process.